Please contact us at our Head Office (details below) or email us at email@example.com
Head Office - Crawley
Senior Insurance Claims Handler - Crawley
Due to Company expansion, we are seeking to recruit an insurance claims handler at our office based in Maidenbower, Crawley. The appointee will join our diverse team handling Goods in Transit insurance claims and be encouraged to develop their career into a managerial role.
Key aspects of the role
- Management of a caseload of claims from initial notification to resolution
- Checking of insurance policy documents and applicable contract terms
- Maintaining correct paper file and computer records throughout the life of the claim
- Liaising with all interested stakeholders in each claim
- Ensure proactive management of all claims
- Develop good customer relations to encourage business retention
- Provide assistance to senior colleagues, as required
- Attend claims meetings as required
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will ideally have the following: -
- At least 5 years' experience of marine cargo and/or freight liability claims.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent telephone manner and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Excel / Outlook / Word) operating within Windows 10
- Good organisation skills including effective time management
- Be comfortable taking ownership for own work, be able to use initiative, whilst also working effectively as part of a team sharing information and experiences
- Be eager to learn and ask questions in order to develop and expand knowledge base
- Foreign language skills would be an advantage
This is a full-time position encompassing 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Salary range is £30,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience and relevant qualifications.
Please send applications with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SICH.